Himachal Pradesh is a small hilly state located in Northern part of India. Despite of being a small state, the state has enormous potential in the fields of tourism, hydroelectricity, sports, infrastructure and commerce. It has Rs5000 Crore tourism industry and it also fulfills the 26%+ of the total need for electricity in the country. It is least corrupt state in India and has taken some strict action to reduce pollution and promote eco tourism. Though it is a comparitively small state in terms of area and population but it carries a very important place due to its geographic location as it shares its border with China and also lies south to Indian state of J&K. But let’s talk on “World Class facts about Himachal Pradesh that will make you proud“.
1) Manali-Leh National Highway is the highest motorable road in the world.
2) Shimla-Kalka Toy Train, The Great Himalayan National Park in Kullu and Tabo monastery in Lahaul-Spiti are the UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
<p”>3) The Kalka-Shimla Railway holds the world record of being the train to cover the steepest slope (5816 ft) in least distance I.e just 96 kms.
4) ‘Malana‘ village has one of the “Oldest Democracy in the world.”
5) “Shanan Power House“, built in 1896 in Jogindernagar,Mandi was the Asia’s first Power Station.
6) ‘Solan‘ is one of the fastest growing hill town in Asia.
7) Himachal Pradesh hosted the first Paragliding World Cup in India, in October 2015.
8) The only Natural Ice Skating Rink in Asia is in capital Shimla.
9) World’s Highest Cricket Ground is located at Chail.
10) World’s Highest Post Office and Polling booth – Hikkim.
11) “Shigri“ glacier is the largest glacier in Asia.
12) History of Himachal Pradesh dates back to the period of Indus Valley civilization, which flourished 4,000 years ago.
13) Key monastery is the highest altitude monastery in India at 4166 meters and is second highest in the world.
14)Solang valley or Solang Nullah(Nala) of Kullu distt hosts the International Skiing Competition like ‘Alpine Premier league‘.
15) Nati performed at International Kullu Dusshera fair holds the Guinness Book of world record for highest number of people performing Nati at once.
We hope that you enjoyed reading about “World Class facts about Himachal Pradesh that will make you proud“. Tell us what do you want us to cover next! 😉
Featured image and few other pictures were provided by very talented Photographer and Illustrator, Ramsha Qamar