According to Wikipedia, a hot spring is a spring produced by the emergence of geothermal heated groundwater that rises from the earth’s crust. There are geothermal hot springs in many locations all over the crust of the earth. While some of these springs contain water that is a safe temperature for bathing, others are so hot that immersion can result in injury or death. Iceland, famous for its hot spring has harnessed this natural phenomena into a major source of energy and they produce good amount of electricity on top of it. In India, we have considerable number of hot springs especially in the state of Himachal Pradesh. We have 5 well known hot springs, located at Manikaran, Tattapani, Kasol, Vashisht and Kheerganga. So lets talk about “7 reasons why you must consider taking a bath in a hot spring”
1)The hot springs improves blood circulation in the body which increases nourishment to organs and tissues and increases cell oxygenation.
2) It eliminates Or flush out toxic particles from the body through skin pores.
3) By regular taking bath in hot springs it can help normalize the functions of the endocrine glands as well as the body’s autonomic nervous system.
4) It increases body metabolism, improves digestion power and also helps in maintaining healthy liver.
5) The hot springs contains high mineral content and those minerals contain a huge amount of negative ions which can help promote feelings of physical and psychological well-being.
6) The negatively charged ions of the minerals flush the toxins out of the body through the skin pores, resulting in clean healthier skin and overall sense of well-being and increase in energy levels.
7) Hot Springs works as healing agent to body parts like joints pain and muscle aches. By regularly bathing one can feel free from all joint pains and muscle aches.
These were “7 reasons why you must consider taking a bath in a hot spring” and if you are ever around Manikaran, Tattapani, Kasol, Vashisht and Kheerganga, don’t forget to relax in these hot springs. Also, if you have ever tried a hot spring bath then do share your experience in the comment section below.