Virbhadra Singh was born on 23 June 1934 at Sarahan, Shimla district. His father was Raja Padam Singh. He received his elementary education from Bishop Cotton School (Shimla) and later obtained a B.A. Honours degree from St. Stephen’s College, Delhi. He is married to Pratibha Singh and has a son, Vikramaditya Singh and four daughters. He is the longest-serving Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh. Lets talk more about him and share “6 facts about Virbhadra Singh that you must know“
1. He was an honorary Captain in the Indian Army.
2. He is awarded with Silver Elephant for Contribution in Scouts and Guides Movement and with Golden Peacock Environment Leadership award by London based Institute of Directors for Contribution in Promotion of Environment, Wild Life, Environment Governance and Eco-Tourism.
3. He had been to countries like:
Afghanistan, Egypt, France, Germany, Ghana, Guinea, Hungary, Italy, Kuwait, Lebanon, Mauritania, Mauritius, Nigeria, Poland, Senegal, Syria, United Kingdoms, United States of America, U.S.S.R and Yugoslavia.
4. Member of Indian Delegation to the General Assembly of the United Nations in 1976.
5. He is associated with number of cultural and social organizations such as :
a) Indo-Soviet Friendship Society.
b) Friends of Soviet Union (now Russia).
c) President Sanskrit Sahitya Sammelan, Himachal Pradesh.
6. He is serving as Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh for 6th time and has been selected to Lok Sabha for 5 times.
These were “6 facts about Virbhadra Singh that you must know” and we hope you learnt some new things about him. Do share your opinion and thoughts on our CM Mr. Virbhadra Singh. Also, tell us whom should we write about next!