Virbhadra Singh was born on 23 June 1934 at Sarahan, Shimla district. His father was Raja Padam Singh. He received his elementary education from Bishop Cotton School (Shimla) and later obtained a B.A. Honours degree from St. Stephen’s College, Delhi. He is married to Pratibha Singh and has a son, Vikramaditya Singh and four daughters. He is the longest-serving Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh. Lets talk more about him and share “6 facts about Virbhadra Singh that you must know“
1. He was an honorary Captain in the Indian Army.
2. He is awarded with Silver Elephant for Contribution in Scouts and Guides Movement and with Golden Peacock Environment Leadership award by London based Institute of Directors for Contribution in Promotion of Environment, Wild Life, Environment Governance and Eco-Tourism.
3. He had been to countries like:
Afghanistan, Egypt, France, Germany, Ghana, Guinea, Hungary, Italy, Kuwait, Lebanon, Mauritania, Mauritius, Nigeria, Poland, Senegal, Syria, United Kingdoms, United States of America, U.S.S.R and Yugoslavia.
4. Member of Indian Delegation to the General Assembly of the United Nations in 1976.
5. He is associated with number of cultural and social organizations such as :
a) Indo-Soviet Friendship Society.
b) Friends of Soviet Union (now Russia).
c) President Sanskrit Sahitya Sammelan, Himachal Pradesh.
6. He served as the Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh for 6 terms and has been selected to Lok Sabha for 5 times.
These were “6 facts about Virbhadra Singh that you must know” and we hope you learnt some new things about him.
Update: With a heavy heart, we will like to tell you that today(8th July,2021) Raja Sahab took his last breath and has left the world leaving all of us and especially the Himachalis who all believed in him and saw him as our True Leader, in deep sorrow. We owe a lot to him and thankful to him to bringing Himachal to a level where we are a lot better in many ways if compared to other states in India. You will be missed, Raja Virbhadra Ji. R.I.P.