1) The full name of 14th Dalai Lama is Jetsun Jamphel Ngawang Lobsang Yeshe Tenzin Gyatso.
2) In order to confirm his identity, The Tibetan Monks tested the 2-year-old Tenzin Gyatso by showing him to identify certain articles of clothing that belonged to the 13th Dalai Lama. He passed all the tests, then changed his name, took the throne at age 4 and became a monk at age 6.
3) His Holiness The Dalai Lama hobbies include Meditating, Gardening and also enjoys collecting and repairing watches.
4) The residence of The Dalai Lama, Potala Palace, and Norbulingka are both UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
5) The Dalai Lama was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for his peaceful moment of non – violence against China for the liberation of Tibet.
6) The greatest fear of His Holiness The 14th Dalai Lama is being eaten by a shark.
8) The Dalai Lama loves science, he is very fascinated by science and has said that if he had not become a monk, he would have become an engineer.
10) The Dalai Lama owns the smallest Vineyard in the world, which is located in Switzerland. It consists of 3 vines and is 1.68 meters square.
11) The Dalai Lama is a non-vegetarian. As there are less farming fields in Tibet, Tibetan people follow non-veg diet. In the 60’s, he tried being Vegetarian for a bit but had to quit after he got sick with jaundice.
12) His Holiness sometimes lets mosquitoes bite him so that they can be happy for a little bit.
14) When the Dalai Lama was asked on his website ‘ What is the purpose of life? ‘, He answered: ” To be Happy “.
If you learnt something new about him then do share the knowledge with your friends. Do tell us which famous personality do you want us to cover next.